Friday, September 01, 2006

Still got the chops!

Well, I was glad to have stopped by the Boonton Ave Grill again last night. The drummer showed up, and after the first set I was invited to get behind the kit. I think he forgot to bring his drum throne because we were actually using one of the bar's chairs. Not the ideal height, but it wasn't a major hinderance.

After I identified to Sean, the bass player, what kind of stuff and styles I play, the setlist went as follows:
  • Long Train Runnin' - Doobie Brothers
  • Breathe - Pink Floyd
  • Friend of the Devil - Grateful Dead
  • Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty

I was very pleased to see that after not playing for a few months, my tempo showed no signs of drifting, and my fills were pretty sharp. My first appearance there went over very well, prompting some of the regulars to say I should definitely visit their jam again. At this point, I'll definitely take them up on it. The other players that I've seen so far are really talented and sound great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home