Friday, October 06, 2006

Yet another open jam..

After some research on NJOpenMic, I wanted to try out the rock/blues jam at the British Invasion Bar & Grill in Tappan, NY. With a name like that, why the hell would I want to stay home? Well, turns out the place is really called Kelly's Pub. They had a great room for playing with a nice stage area. The atmosphere seemed pretty laid back and the music was fantastic. The musicians were very talented, and the drummer had a Tama kit that was much easier to play since it wasn't as confusing a layout as I've previously experienced. The keyboardist, Chuck, was an absolute mad scientist.

I was consciously aware of being somewhat restrained, but I think that's par for course when I'm first starting out at a new jam location. You know, not 100% comfortable with the new digs yet. Interestingly enough, I ran into a drummer whom I had seen a few years ago at a different jam. I'll definitely be going back there and see how it feels the second time around. They have a really good feel for blues-based jamming.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

Shakes said to stop by and say Hi, so HI! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home