Thursday, November 30, 2006

Back in the attic..

For the sake of keeping everyone updated, I'm just posting a quick note about last night's In The Attic's triumphant return to Joe's Pub in NYC. It was a truly marvelous show, with the lineup including:
  • Rachel Fuller
  • Pete Townshend
  • Martha Wainwright
  • Sean Lennon
  • Mikey Cuthbert
  • Ryan Adams
..and a nice co-hosting job by Jimmy Fallon.

It was definitely a Who's Who in the crowd (pun intended). David Bowie was sitting a few tables away from us, and we actually had the good fortune of sitting right next to Yuka Honda (see the Cibo Matto post below). Yuka is one of the friendliest people I've ever met and she wanted us to definitely say hi to her after her performance on the 9th.

Due to the shitty lighting this time around, I have a lot of work to do in terms of finding acceptable pictures from the ones I took and process them through a noise filter. Once that's done, I'll post them on my pic site for all to enjoy. Until then, it's off to Mohegan Sun tomorrow to see the 'orrible 'oo once again.

UPDATE: The initial run of photos are up at the photo site, so take a gander.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Suesjoy said...

Ooh excellent photos!
Martha is my gal.
I wish someone could tell me what song she was playing w/Brad and Pete.
Anyone?
You???
Thanks so much for sharing!
-Sues

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Space Cowboy said...

Thank you very much for the kind words. Unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with Martha's material to be able to answer your question. I'm hoping that someone else might be able to post her setlist for that night.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Awesome photos of both Joe's Pub shows as well as the Who concert at PNC. I didn't go to the PNC concert, but I know others who did.

Thank you for posting the photos for everyone to see!

Cathy

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha Wainwright... I had never heard of her until the incident known as "Marthagate" at Donald Fagen's beacon concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home