Friday, October 06, 2006

Made the move..

OK it's official. I'm now using the new and improved beta Blogger. I think I'll sneak around the settings to see what new and cool things I can do. In the meantime, the site is still live, so that's as good a sign as any.

Update: First biggie - no more publishing spinner. Another big addition is the ability to set blog permissions, a la Wordpress. Next thing I noticed was interactive template designing. Unfortunately, this requires an upgrade to the current template, with the warning that I'll lose stuff I've already customized. I think I'll hold off on this one for a little bit, though I am really damn curious (feline influence).

Next update: Yes, well alright. I've started fooling around with backgrounds and images to spice up the place a bit. So sue me.

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

So it doesn't change your blog design off the bat huh? That is good to know!

I was offered it, and that was my hangup. Most stuff I could add back into the blog, but I like this post-collapse script I found on the internet that lets me make very long posts that will collapse automatically which probably won't work with the new templates.

Too much information? lol :)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Space Cowboy said...

Yes, I agree that it's nice that they leave your existing template intact during migration. I would have to assume that you can keep using the existing template in the new version until you want to start using their enhanced template designer.

Guess we'll find out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home