Monday, March 19, 2007

Random Flickr Blogging: 0088


IMG_0088
Originally uploaded by Preen.

In an attempt to keep up with the times, the Israeli authorities proudly displayed their new addition to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. This device, patterned after HAL from 2001 A Space Odyssey, will interact with worshippers in their own native dialect to make sure that their prayers are filed properly. It will also determine if any of the prayers would be considered a jeopardy to the mission.




0088
Originally uploaded by JeffTsai.

In the wedding program, this particular segment in the ceremony was a special tribute to Jack Palance.

5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger George said...

In the second one I think he's just using that Palance claim as an excuse to look up the bridesmaids' dresses.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon my ignorance, but you stumped me on the Jack Palance reference; something to do with City Slickers?

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Space Cowboy said...

Steve - It's a reference to the one-armed pushup Jack did at the Oscars. :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! Jack was a rock of a man, right to the end. Maybe if more of that kind of thing happened at these awards ceremonies, I'd be interested enough to watch; then I'd know these things.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Space Cowboy said...

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that I saw that pushup during a live broadcast. I think I found out about it after the fact, for the sole reason that I hate watching these award shows as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home